Veronica is an experienced Pharmaceutical Physician having 20+ years of experince in clinical development, medical affairs and pharmacovigilance, at senior levels within multinational pharma companies. A list of her publications can be seen here.
Her roles have included:
- Head of Global Clinical Development, working cross-culturally from a base in Germany and responsible for a team dedicated to developing new medicines within dermatology for Europe and increasingly interacting with US and Canada.
- European Therapeutic Area Director (Dermatology) providing senior medical affairs support to strategic business units of a major multinational.
- European Clinical Research & Development Manager managing the European portion of global programmes to develop New Active Substances in Phase 2 and 3, whether administered systemically or topically.
- Head of Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory Affairs working cross-culturally from a base in Denmark, managing the restructuring of drug safety services in the light of changing legislation and providing medical input into interactions with European Regulatory Authorities.
- Head of UK & Eire Medical Department, providing full medical input into all aspects of activity of the UK affiliate of an overseas parent.
- Head of Therapeutic Group, providing clinical research and medical affairs support to strategic business units of a major multinational spanning R&D of New Active Substances, POM-to-P switches and OTC products, and generic “Own Goods”.
Veronica has worked with medicines with varied basic biological activities, both small molecules and biologics, particularly relevant to inflammatory / immune responses, neurotransmission and the control of cardiovascular function.
While specialising in dermatology her therapeutic experience spans:
- Oncology / premalignant disease
- Pain & inflammation including asthma
- CNS / Psychiatric
- Obstetrics & gynaecology / gynae-endocrine